Volunteers are invaluable members of our extended care team. As a non-profit community, volunteers are especially important to the enhancement of our home, where volunteers bring the outside community ‘in’ to many of the residents. The ages of volunteers at Jerome Home and Arbor Rose vary and include high school and college students, housewives, retired individuals, full-time workers and several of our own residents. Some volunteers earn academic credit for their experience for careers in related fields of study. Most volunteer for the sheer personal satisfaction of helping others. Hours, duties and commitment levels of our volunteer team vary greatly and are scheduled to suit the individual needs and skill levels of each.
- Concierge Services – escorts to programs, hair salon, Good Life Fitness, Walking Paths
- Spiritual Opportunities – communion, prayer, massage therapy
- Resident Visits – Spend some time reading, playing games, cards, baking or any activity that brings joy to our residents.
- Recreation Assistant – Assist our staff in programs such as BINGO, Social Hour, Music Programs, escorts on out trips.
- Gardening Club – Assist our residents in creating and cultivating our outdoor Gardens (vegetables, herbs, flowers).
- Pet Therapy – Do you have certified pets that would love to visit our residents? We love visits from dogs, cats, bunnies, and other friendly visitors.
- Student Internships available – Whether you are looking for a career in Social Services, Human Services, Nursing, Recreation, Administration, Dining – we would love to share our philosophy with you.
These are just some of the opportunities that Jerome Home and Arbor Rose offer to our volunteers. The ideas are endless. If you are interested in our volunteer opportunities, please contact Jenna Sweet at 860.229.3707 or fill out our online volunteer application.
Volunteers to Interact with Our Residents
Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 9:30 am-12:00.
Bingo Caller Assistant
Friday afternoons 2 to 3 pm; Saturday mornings 10:30 to 11:15 am
Jerome Home and Arbor Rose welcome high school students at least 16 years old and college students who are seeking opportunities to learn and grow in the health care field.