Speech/Language Therapist (SLT) - Per Diem
Jerome Home is a 120 bed Long Term Care Facility in New Britain, CT. Established under the will executed by Augustus Jerome, Jerome Home is a privately-owned, not-for-profit organization. We are a progressive, 5 Star nursing community with a highly competent and caring staff. Established in 1932, our multi levels include, RCH and SNF including short-term rehab and hospice. Also on our campus is Arbor Rose, a 62 apartment Assisted Living Facility.
We currently have an opening for a per diem Speech Language Pathologist.
The functions include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct speech language therapy, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Review request for speech language therapy and physicians' orders.
- Interview resident to determine type of treatment and schedule therapy.
- Maintain an adequate liaison with families and residents.
- Instruct resident and family members in home programs as well as care and use of proper equipment.
- Assure that all therapist notes are informative and descriptive of the care provided and of the resident's response to the care.
- Maintain an excellent and proactive working relationship with the medical profession and other health related facilities and organizations through clear and timely communication to maximize effectiveness.
The successful candidate must:
- Possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a speech language pathologist in this state.
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action in a timely fashion.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Be a minimum of twenty-three (23) years of age.
- Be knowledgeable of physical therapy procedures.
- Possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the physical therapy service.
- Maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of therapy areas.
Interested applicants can apply on line through this website or in person. EOE M/F
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.