Charge Nurse (RN/LPN) 11-7 32 hours/wk and 16 hours/wk
Jerome Home is a 120 bed Long Term Care Facility in New Britain, CT. Established under the will executed by Augustus Jerome. Jerome Home is a privately-owned, not-for-profit organization. We are a progressive, community with a highly competent and caring staff. Established in 1932, our multi levels include, RCH and SNF including short-term rehab and hospice. Also on our campus is Arbor Rose, a 62 apartment Assisted Living Facility.
This positions offer PTO accrual and 403b. The 32 hour position also offers health/dental insurance, Life insurance and long and short term disability. We also a full array of supplemental benefits including AFLAC, Legal Shield and supplemental Life Ins.
We are currently look to fill the following Nursing positions in our community:
- Charge Nurse - RN/LPN 32 hrs/wk 11 - 7 every other w/e
- Charge Nurse - RN/LPN 16 hrs/wk 11 - 7 every other w/e
RN/LPN Charge Nurse duties include but are not limited to:
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with current policies, rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Assist in planning the nursing services portion of the resident's discharge plan as necessary.
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Review medications and treatment kardexes for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of physician orders, and adherence to stop order policies.
- Participate in Resident Care Conference and implement recommendations.
- Make daily resident visits to observe and evaluate the residents physical and emotional status.
- Distribute medications to residents activities in accordance with current policies, rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility and per physician orders.
The successful candidate must:
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN/LPN in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government
- agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must possess leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices. Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
Resumes can be submitted through the website or in person at 975 Corbin Ave, New Britain, CT. EOEM/F
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.