Nursing Supervisor 3-11 32 hrs/wk RN, Registered Nurse
Jerome Home is a 120 bed Long Term Care Facility in New Britain, CT. Established under the will executed by Augustus Jerome. Jerome Home is a privately-owned, not-for-profit organization. We are a progressive, 5 star rated nursing community with a highly competent and caring staff. Established in 1932, our multi levels include, RCH and SNF including short-term rehab and hospice. Also on our campus is Arbor Rose, a 62 apartment Assisted Living Facility.
We are currently look to fill the following Nursing position in our Long Term Care community:
- Nursing Supervisor - RN - 3 - 11 32 hours per week - every other w/e
RN Supervisor duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Director of Nursing in directing the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities on the units in accordance with current policies, rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents' total regimen of care.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
- Make daily rounds of the nursing service department to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report findings to the Director.
- Develop work assignments and/or assist CNA's in completing and performing such tasks
- Delegate to each CNA the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability necessary to perform their assigned duties.
- Ensure that a sufficient number of certified nursing assistants and nurses are available for your tour of duty to ensure that routine nursing care is provided to meet the daily nursing care needs of each resident.
The successful candidate must:
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government
- agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care. * Must possess leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
Resumes can be submitted through this ad or dropped off in person. Review our website at for more information about our community. EOE M/F.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.