Exercise Physiologist - Per Diem
Jerome Home is a 120 bed Long Term Care Facility in New Britain, CT. Established under the will executed by Augustus Jerome, Jerome Home is a privately-owned, not-for-profit organization. We are a progressive nursing community with a highly competent and caring staff. Established in 1932, our multi levels include, RCH and SNF including short-term rehab and hospice. Also on our campus is Arbor Rose, a 62 apartment Assisted Living Facility.
We currently have an opening for per diem Exercise Physiologist for our Good Life Fitness program. Our Good Life Fitness program has clients who are residents, outside customers and staff members. This position will cover vacations, etc. in a Mon-Fri gym.
The Exercise Physiologist duties include, but are not limited to:
- Direct, plan, develop, organize, implement, and evaluate Good Life Fitness program, and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term and short-term care facility.
- Develop and maintain program standards and benchmarks.
- Provide education sessions to residents and community members on health benefits of program services.
- Schedule and conduct fitness assessments.
- Screen health history questionnaires for appropriate fitness assessment and recommend plan of action
- Review request for program and physicians' orders.
- Interview individual to determine type of exercise and schedule appointment times.
- Determine proper equipment usage, application and body position and make adjustments as necessary in the administration of program.
- Modifies exercise plan according to member/patient’s status and following written approval of the physician.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess, as a minimum, a Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Physiology or related science from an accredited college or university.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action in a timely fashion.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with members, personnel, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the exercise physiology service.
- Maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of exercise areas.
- Have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents on whatever maturity level in which they are currently functioning.
Qualified candidates can apply through this ad or our website at www.jeromehome.org EOE/MF.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.