Cook - Full TIme - Long Term Care
Jerome Home, a 5 Star, short term rehabilitation and long term care community is seeking a qualified individual for our team of caring, dedicated professionals possessing great culinary skills and a desire to make a difference in the lives of our 120 residents.
We are seeking an experienced cook to fill our full time position at Jerome Home. If you are a Scratch cook, enthusiastic team player with a passion for serving the elderly – then we want to meet with you. Jerome Home offers competitive pay and our benefits include Medical and Dental coverage, PTO, 403b, etc.
The Cooks duties include but are not limited to:
- Assure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure that meals are prepared on time.
- Work with the facility's dietitian and/or food service supervisor as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel as well as with other department within the facility to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents
- Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as our established policies and procedures.
The successful candidate:
- Must be ServeSafe Certified
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of dietary procedures, as well as related laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing home operation.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing dietary practices.
Qualified candidates can apply through this ad or in person at 975 Corbin Ave, New Britain, CT. EOE/MF.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.