Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) Various positions
Jerome Home is a 120 bed Long Term Care Facility in New Britain, CT established under the will executed by Augustus Jerome. Jerome Home is a privately-owned, not-for-profit organization. We are a progressive, nursing community with a highly competent and caring staff. Established in 1932, our multi levels include, RCH and SNF including short-term rehab and hospice. Also on our campus is Arbor Rose, a 62 apartment Assisted Living Facility.
We are currently looking to fill CNA positions in our long term care community. We have the following openings:
1 16 - 24 hours for 3-11
2. Weekends only - 3-11
The responsibilities of a CNA include:
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures and as instructed by your supervisor
- Greet residents upon admission
- Assist residents dressing, hair and nail care and bathroom functions.
- Maintain required records of residents
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving and position residents in bed.
- Assist resident to walk, with or without assistive devices.
- Measure and record temperature, Bp, pulse.
- Observe and report the presence of any areas of concern on a resident.
- Check residents regularly to assure their personal care needs are met.
The successful candidate must:
- be a licensed Certified Nurse Aide and registered in accordance with laws of this state.
- be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
Resumes can be submitted through this ad or dropped off in person. Visit our website at www.jeromehome.org for more information about our community. EOE M/F.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.